Here at CancerQ, we feel we are only beginning to scratch the surface of what's possible to help families fight cancer.
It's time to bring Web 2.0 to cancer. Designed by families, patients & caregivers for families, patients & caregivers.
TOGETHER IS COURAGE.
A cancer diagnosis can be shocking, overwhelming, and emotionally & physically challenging. There are so many cancer "resources" provided to you and available online that navigating these resources can be both difficult and time consuming.
We are a community that has been there, too.
We are designing products for patients and families to aid in the cancer fight. Designed by us - a community of patients & caregivers - our goal is to understand what you need and help take you there, together.
We make it easy and efficient to quickly access valuable, highly-curated resources when faced with cancer. Everything we do, every product we create, is designed to help save you time & energy, precious resources when facing cancer.
We are caregivers & patients designing products for caregivers & patients. Tell us what you need, what frustrations you have, and we will help you solve those problems.
Our mission is to help those faced with a cancer battle be proactive in a reactive environment, find tools that not only educate but help execute, to give you only the information you need saving time, and to be a place of comfort & support when faced with uncertainty.
We aim to break down barriers, remove biases, and evolve with you. We value feedback and recognize the importance of remaining open-minded, flexible, nimble, & malleable.
CANCER IS AGGRESSIVE, SO ARE WE. CANCER CHANGES QUICKLY, SO DO WE.
And ultimately, our mission is to help end the fight against cancer. In memory of our mom, the original Questioner, or "Q". #Forever
THE NUMBER OF RESOURCES AVAILABLE to you IS FAR GREATER THAN THE TIME YOU HAVE
LETS BE PROACTIVE, NOT REACTIVE
LETS DESIGN VETTED, UNBIASED & CROSS-CUTTING PRODUCTS
the Power of Community is huge
lets build off of each others experiences to improve the next families outcomes
What can you do here
We are here for patients, caregivers, family members, and medical staff alike.
1. Explore our Wheel to find the most useful resources on cancer related topics.
2. Quickly access vital, informative, and helpful Resources from leading cancer centers, experts, and even some unlikely sources.
3. Create your very own cancer fighting headquarters with our CancerQ Dashboard. Create an account, upload notes, files, create notes, share with family & friends - all while accessing all of our resources.
4. Connect with others who have been there and are further along in their cancer journey through our CQ Ambassador Program.
5. Learn through our experiences: Our Blog.
6. Take Action. And keep coming back for more helping spark action & change.
7. Search our site for quick access to topics, research, articles, and more.
WHAT WE'VE ACHIEVED To date
- Introduction to The Wheel
- Access to over 40+ cancer resources from experts, leading medical institutions, and even some unlikely sources.
- May 20th, 2015 Launched Version 1.0! Over 1,000 pages views in our first week.
- Presentation at 1 Million Cups Dallas at the Dallas Entrepreneurial Center.
- Launch of our CancerQ Ambassador Program - Now accepting applications!
- After 6 months of design, development and research, we launched our first tool, our CancerQ Dashboard! Sign up today for your own personal cancer fighting headquarters.
- Released an animated short video to help you understand the CQ Dashboard and how it can help you in your family's fight against cancer.
- Gave a Ted Talk on the power of caregiving and what it means to be a momma's boy!
- Secured a partnership with a major hospital that recommend CancerQ to newly diagnosed patients.
- Added our 5th Advisory Board Member, Katie Wilcox!
- We have exciting projects in development. Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates.